Biometric PLC Access
Are you using an Allen Bradley, Siemens, Schneider, Mitsubishi or other brand of PLC at your
advanced manufacturing facility?
Chances are you are still plagued with Quality Control problems that are most likely caused by badge sharing. Badge sharing takes the expensive training and ISO compliance you work so hard for and ruins those results.We can help you solve the problem and reduce your Quality Control costs and get you back to ISO compliance. We use fingerprint authentication to identify the person and then we pass ASCII data to your PLC in a variety of ways so that the PLC can then supply the programming you provided to it. We work on a variety of connections like RS422, RS485 and ethernet. Give us a call and we can take you through what it will take for your site to be up and running using Biometric PLC Access control just like a Global Top 3 Auto Manufacturer is doing today.
BiometricPLCAccess is useful for PLC integration in the following ways:
- Distributes fingerprint templates from a central location to all of the relevant biometric devices. Enroll a user once.
- Can be used to monitor the machine attached to the PLC. (e.g, is the machine on/off)
- Can set a maximum time for the machine to be on at a time and raise an alarm if the machine has been on for longer than a specified time.
- Allows user assignment to specific devices.
- Can setup access schedules for a user (e.g. what time of the day the user is allowed to work on a machine based on their shifts.
- Implementation of duress fingerprint, allowing a user to enroll an extra finger to set off an event when the duress finger is placed. An external system can be notified for example or alarm raised.
- Automatically configures new devices to send the identifier to the PLC on the RS485/422 port. (As well as other configurations are handled automatically)
- Training procedures can be incorporated to allow access at a machine only when a training program has been completed for that piece of equipment. (Compliance)
- Custom display messages can be setup to show users why they are being rejected (e.g. Someone has exceeded their allowed work time on a machine)
- External system can be used for requesting access for a specific user before the identifier is sent to the PLC.
- Can be used as a single system for all access control requirements on a site including doors.